Committee to Keep Judge Adams
Leflore County, Mississippi
Including the Incorporated areas of Greenwood, Itta Bena, Morgan City, Schlater, and Sidon
Jurisdiction of County Court
- Concurrent jurisdiction with Justice Court in all matters civil and criminal.
- Concurrent jurisdiction with Circuit Court in all matters of law where the amount in controversy does not exceed $200,000.00.
- Concurrent jurisdiction with Chancery Court in all matters of equity where the amount in controversy does not exceed $200,000.00.
- Exclusive jurisdiction in matters of eminent domain, the partition of personal property, and actions of unlawful entry and detainer.
- Appellate jurisdiction over Justice Court and Municipal Court (trial de novo, not appeal on the record).
- Exclusive original jurisdiction in all proceedings concerning a delinquent child, a child in need of supervision, a neglected child, an abused child or a dependent child except in the following circumstances:
- Any act, which if committed by an adult would be punishable by life imprisonment or death;
- Any act attempted or committed by a child with the use of a deadly weapon, which would be a felony if committed by an adult;
- When a charge of abuse first arises in the course of a custody action between the parents of the child already pending in the chancery court;
- Offenses committed by a child on or after his seventeenth birthday where such offenses would be a felony if committed by an adult;
- Offenses committed by a child on or after his eighteenth birthday.
Post Office Box 1381
Paid for by the Committee to Keep Judge Kevin Adams. Approved by the Candidate
James S. Robbins, IV